|Address:||300 Renaissance Center, Detroit, Michigan MI 48265-3000, US|
|Subsidiaries:||Delta Motor Corporation, Adam Opel, Opel Ireland, Allison Transmission, General Motors Acceptance Corporation, AccuTel|
|Competitors:||Ford Motor Company|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed, General Motors|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
General Motors Corporation (or GM) (NYSE: GM), is a the world's largest vehicle manufacturing company.
- Delta Motor Corporation in South Africa, in which it had taken a 45 percent stake in 1997, and which is now a fully-owned subsidiary, General Motors South Africa.
- Adam Opel AG
- Opel Ireland Ltd.
- Allison Transmission
- General Motors Acceptance Corporation
- AccuTel Inc.
GM has has worldwide operations and brands including: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Daewoo, GMC, Holden, Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saturn, Saab, and Vauxhall.
Chevrolet and GMC divisions produce trucks, as well as passenger vehicles. Other brands include ACDelco, Allison Transmission, and General Motors Electro-Motive Division that produces diesel-electric locomotives. GM also has stakes in Isuzu, Subaru, and Suzuki in Japan and a joint venture with AutoVAZ (Lada) in Russia.
- General Motors Aims to Break Even in Europe in 2006 (Update5) - Bloomberg
- General Motors India Feb vehicle sales up 3.57 pct - Reuters India
- US Stocks Advance as General Motors, Autodesk, Medco Gain - Bloomberg
- General Motors Adds New Dimension to Ohio Auto Shows - Auto Spectator
- General Motors pushes for deal on finance unit - newspaper - Automotive Business Review
- Train derails near General Motors plant - Janesville Gazette
- General Motors February Market Share Drops to 25% (Update1) - Bloomberg
- General Motors Will Invest $500 Million To Expand Toledo ... - PaddockTalk
- General Motors in Geneva: Seven World and European Premieres - PR Newswire UK (press release)
- China: General Motors transfers electronics purchasing unit from ... - AWKnowledge (subscription)
- ... more news
Relations to other articles — Click (+) to find similar articles.
General Motors has subsidiary Delta Motor Corporation (+), Adam Opel (+), Opel Ireland (+), Allison Transmission (+), General Motors Acceptance Corporation (+), and AccuTel (+)
General Motors has competitor Ford Motor Company (+)
General Motors company (+)
General Motors stock at (+)
Attributes of General Motors — Click (+) to find similar articles.
founding year: 1,908 (+)
number of employees: 340,000 (+)