|ING Group N.V.|
|Address:||Amstelplein 1, NL-1096 HA, Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Competitors:||ABN AMRO, Rabobank|
|Jobs:||, ING Group|
ING Group N.V., is a financial institution of Dutch origin. ING operates primarily in the banking, insurance and asset management sector.
The Postbank, another Dutch bank, is a part of the ING Group.
ING Group was formed in 1991 from the merger between Nationale-Nederlanden and NMB Postbank Groep.
The newly formed company called itself 'Internationale Nederlanden Group'. The public started to abbreviated the name to ING, and the company followed suit by changing the statutory name to ING Groep N.V..
- 1995 - ING acquires investment bank and asset management firm Barings.
- 1997 - ING acquires insurer Equitable of Iowa Companies.
- 1998 - ING acquires bank Brussels Lambert (BBL) of Belgium.
- 1999 - ING acquires BHF-Bank of Germany.
- 2000 - ING acquires United States insurers ReliaStar, Aetna Financial Services and Aetna International.
- 2001 - ING acquires bank Slaski of Poland, and insurer Seguros Comercial America of Mexico.
- 2002 - ING acquires DiBa bank of Germany.