|Address:||541 5-Ga Namdaemunno, Chung Gu, CPO Box 2810, Seoul, South Korea|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed,|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
Daewoo (meaning "Great Universe") is a major South Korean chaebol (conglomerate).
Daewoo is active in many markets; the most important are steel processing, ship building and financial.
Daewoo Electronics survives to this day despite bankruptcy, with a new brand logo "DE", but much of the other many subsidiaries and divisions have all departed and became independent or simply perished under the brutal "reorganisation" of the Korean government under Kim Dae Jung.
The group was reorganized into three big parts:
The company was founded in March 22, 1967 as Daewoo Industrial.
- GM Daewoo website
- GM Daewoo UK website
- Daewoo Construction Sale Price Rising - Korea Times
- GM says GM Daewoo not subject to discussion - Reuters
- Hamworthy awarded £20m Daewoo order - ShareCast
- Kospi bounces back on program buying - Joongang Ilbo
- Daewoo Shipbuilding wins $270 million contract from Transocean - Oil & Gas Journal
- South Korea's GM Daewoo February sales rise 75% - MarketWatch
- SKorea's Daewoo Shipbuilding wins 470 mln usd drill ship order ... - Forbes
- Daewoo Shipbuilding Wins $470 Mil. Order - Korea Times
- SKorea Daewoo Shipbuilding wins 530 mln usd orders from Norway and ... - Forbes
- Holden Barina Test - AutSpeed
- ... more news
founding year: 1,967 (+)