|William Grant & Sons Ltd.|
|Phone:||+44 (0) 208 334 1250|
|Fax:||+44 20 8332 1695|
|Address:||(HQ:) Strathclyde Business Park, Glasgow, Scotland. (Marketing department:) Independence House, 84 Lower Mortlake Rd., Richmond, London TW9 2HS, United Kingdom|
|Competitors:||Diageo, Allied Domecq, Pernod Ricard|
William Grant & Sons Ltd. is an independent, family-owned company which distils Scotch whisky and other selected categories of spirits.
William Grant is the largest of the handful of Scotch whisky distillers remaining in family ownership. "William Grant & Sons" is often abbreviated to "W. Grant & Sons" or just "Grant's", after their leading blended whisky of the same name.
The company is a member of the Scotch Whisky Association (SWA).
- Glenfiddich whisky range
- Glenfiddich Distillery
- Balvenie Distillery (next to Balvenie Castle)
- Girvan Distillery (in Ayr)
- Convalmore (only the bonded warehouses to increase warehousing capacity for Glenfiddich)
The company's leading single malt Scotch brand is Glenfiddich, the best-selling brand in the worldwide single malt Scotch market (700,000 cases/year and 17.37% market share). This is more than the sales of the next two single malts combined. Their leading blended Scotch brand is Grant's, the 4th best-selling brand in the worldwide blended Scotch market and the Scotch market as a whole (4 million cases/year). Grant's is also the 4th best-selling brand in the domestic United Kingdom Scotch market (420,000 cases/year and 14.6% market share).
- Glenfiddich - single malt Scotch whisky
- Grant's - blended Scotch whisky
- Balvenie - single malt Scotch whisky
- Hendrick's Gin
- Polstar - premium Icelandic vodka
- Sailor Jerry - Spiced rum
- Old Vatted Demerara - rum
- Wood’s 100 Old Navy - rum
- Vat 19]] premium rum
- Gibson’s Finest
- Clan MacGregor - blended Scotch whisky
- Monkey Shoulder - triple malt whisky
- Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer
- Winner of gold in two categories and the overall Supreme Champion Beer prize at the International Beer Competition 2004
William Grant & Sons produces a number of rare whiskies, most of which are described in the articles on Glenfiddich, Grant's and Balvenie. However, their rare whiskies also include:
- Girvan First Batch Distillation (from casks filled in 1964)
- Ladyburn (from Ladyburn distillery which sadly had to be closed in 1975)
Other rare whiskies have been bottled as private vintages for Concorde, Queen Mary 2 and the Royal Danish Wedding.
Highland Distillers brands
- The Famous Grouse
- The Macallan
- Highland Park
- Black Bottle
- Gloag's London Dry Gin
- Virgin Group vodka - Grant's co-developed this brand with Virgin.)
The company was founded in 1886 by William Grant, and is now run by the descendants of the founder.
The company pioneered single malt Scotch whisky, until Glenfiddich only blended brands were common.
While on the one side very traditional, the company has also been very innovative, introducing the solera concept to Glenfiddich to create Glenfiddich Solera Reserve.
The master blender of Grant's is David Stewart, who has been in his post for 42 years, the longest serving master blender with one distiller in the industry.
- Glenfiddich website
- Grant's website
- Balvenie website
- Hendrick's Gin
- Innis & Gunn website
- Polstar website
- Sailor Jerry website
- Monkey Shoulder Website