Orange SA

From Wikicompany

Orange SA




Phone: +44 (0) 207 984 1600
Fax: +44 (0) 207 984 1601
Address: 6 place d'Alleray, 75015 Paris, France, (UK Corporate Headquarters: 50 George Street London W1U 7DZ, United Kingdom)
Geocode: 48.8364;2.3065


Open times:
Key people:


Parents: France Telecom, FreeMove Alliance
Subsidiaries: Mobistar, Orange Slovensko, Orange Romania, Orange UK, Orange Australia
Affiliates: MobilCom (?%), Dutchtone (?%)
Competitors: Vodafone, T-Mobile, E-Plus, O2


Web: google, yahoo
News: google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia
Blogs: feedster, technorati
Articles: google,, digg
Photos: google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr
Audio: feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista
Video: google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx
Jobs: wikicompany, monster, indeed, Orange SA
Products: froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay

Orange SA is a major mobile phone operator.

The company owns networks in many parts of the world, including France, the Benelux, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, the Dominican Republic, Slovakia and Romania. Most operations in Orange SA are also branded Orange, but not all - the most significant being Mobistar in Belgium.

To complicate matters further there are also Orange branded operations in Australia, India (Mumbai only) and Israel, but these sub-licence the brand from Orange SA, with the underlying operator being owned by another company (usually Hutchison Telecom).

Orange belongs to the FreeMove Alliance. Orange Australia uses CDMA (Qualcomm's cdmaONE, aka IS-95) cell phone technology, while the rest of the Orange companies use GSM.



In other countries the name "Orange" is used.



The company was formed by France Telecom in 2001 after acquiring Orange UK and merging its existing mobile operations into the company.

The company was initially 85% owned by France Telecom, but in 2003 the remaining 15% was purchased.

Orange UK was previously majority owned by Hutchison Whampoa and was a successor to their failed point to point mobile telephone system known as Rabbit.


News RSS feed
  • Switzerland: Union calls for no compulsory dismissals at Orange SA - Union Network International
  • 3GSM: Mobile phone IM service set to go global -
  • Cadbury Schweppes Appoints New Non-executive Director - Food Ingredients First (press release)
  • 3GSM : Gemplus to soon offer 1GB SIM - ComputerWorld
  • Mobile Operators Target Global IM Service - CIO
  • GSM Association launches IM initiative -
  • The New Handheld Giant No Longer Wants CrackBerry to Be the Drug ... -
  • Microsoft Unveils Mobile Software to Rival BlackBerry (Update1) - Bloomberg
  • 3GSM - Microsoft acquires MotionBridge - Computer Partner
  • Orange targets small businesses with mobile apps - ComputerWorld
  • ... more news

Related articles

Related profile RSS feed
Image:Wikipedia-small.png Wikipedia article about Orange SA (search). This article uses material from that article.