|Phone:||+46 8 405 60 00|
|Fax:||+46 8 405 60 01|
|Address:||Tullvaktsvägen 15, 105 78 Stockholm, Sweden|
|Web:||wikicompany, google, yahoo|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, newsisfree, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, findarticles, del.icio.us, connotea|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed,|
|Products:||yahoo, kelkoo, froogle, google-base, amazon, ebay, become|
OMX AB is a Swedish financial services company, with a focus on stock trading systems.
The company has two divisions:
- OMX Technology - Develops and markets systems for financial transactions used by securities exchanges.
- OMX Exchanges - Operates stock exchanges in the Nordic and Baltic countries.
OMX stock exchanges
- Stockholm stock exchange (Sweden)
- Helsinki stock exchange (Finland)
- Tallinn stock exchange (Estonia)
- Riga stock exchange (Latvia)
- Vilnius stock exchange (Lithuania)
OMX was founded by Olof Stenhammar in the 1980s to introduce trading in derivatives instruments in Sweden by use of standardized options.
The company acquired the Stockholm stock exchange in 1998 and unsuccessfully attempted acquisition of the London stock exchange in 2001.
In 2003 the Helsinki stock exchange was acquired and merged with the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
On August 31, 2004, the brand name of the company was changed to OMX, previous names include OMHEX, OM HEX, OM and Optionsmarknaden (Option Market).
- AFX European Summary -- late - Forbes
- OMX consolidates membership for Nordic exchanges - Finextra (press release)
- OMX Exchanges: Fondsfinans ASA new member at the Stockholm Stock ... - Business Wire (press release)
- Omx's exchanges statistics 2005 - Kauppalehti (press release)
- Stockholm shares close slightly higher, led by OMX UPDATE - Forbes
- OMX launches one fee for trading on Stockholm, Helsinki ... - Forbes
- Omx promotes trading on its nordic exchanges - Kauppalehti (press release)
- OMX Exchanges: OMX Promotes Trading on Its Nordic Exchanges - Finanzen.net
- Nordic: TietoEnator and OMX to form joint venture - eFinland
- OMX Exchanges: Hakon Invest Listed on Stockholm Stock Exchange - PrimeZone (press release)