The term lotus may refer to:
- The Indian or Sacred Lotus and the American Lotus of the genus Nelumbo (family Nelumbonaceae), a sacred plant of Hinduism and Buddhism.
- The Egyptian White Water-lily, also called Egyptian Lotus, of the genus Nymphaea (family Nymphaeaceae).
- The genus Lotus in the subfamily Faboideae in the family Fabaceae
- The Lotus-eaters of the Odyssey are thought to have eaten a species of jujube, Ziziphus lotus; this could be the lotus tree that the mythological Lotis had been transformed into.
- "Lotus" also occurs in the common names or cultivar names of numerous unrelated plants.
- The Lotus Position (meditation)
- Lotus Cars, a British car manufacturer.
- A series of computer racing games based on the cars.
- Lotus Software, a Cambridge, MA, software company now owned by IBM. Developer of Lotus 1-2-3 and Lotus Notes.
- Black Lotus, a notable card in the Magic: The Gathering trading-card game.
- The Indian male name "Rajiv" means "Lotus Flower"
[[Category:]] [[Category:]] [[Category:]]