China Eastern Airlines
|Phone:||China: +86 21 52980078, China-English: +86 21 95108, UK: +44 (0)870 7606232|
|Fax:||China: +86 21 52980078, UK: +44 (0)207 9352967|
|Address:||(HQ) No 258 Wei Hai Road, Shanghai, China. (UK office:) 37-39 George Street, London W1U 3QD, United Kingdom|
- IATA Code: MU
- ICAO Code: CES
- Callsign: China Eastern
The China Eastern Airlines fleet consists of the following aircraft (at March 2005):
- 13 Airbus A300B4
- 3 Airbus A310-200
- 11 Airbus A319-100
- 54 Airbus A320-200 (further 3 on order)
- 2 Airbus A321-200 (further 3 on order)
- 5 Airbus A340-300
- 5 Airbus A340-600
- 21 Boeing 737-300
- 15 Boeing 737-700 (further 4 on order)
- 2 Boeing Boeing 737-800 (further 4 on order)
- 2 Boeing 767-300
- 5 McDonnell Douglas MD-11
- 3 McDonnell Douglas MD-82
- 10 McDonnell Douglas MD-90
There are also 2 Airbus A330-300 on order.
- China Eastern Airlines said it has signed an agreement to purchase five Airbus A319 aircraft in a deal worth 1.9 billion yuan (230 million dollars) and will take delivery of the 124-seater planes between February 2006 and July 2007.
- China Eastern has been on a buying spree recently, signing a deal with US aerospace giant Boeing for 15 of its new 787 jets in January. Last year, it spent two billion dollars on 20 Airbus A330s to replenish its fleet in response to robust air travel demand
Incidents and accidents
- On August 15, 1989, a China Eastern flight from Shanghai to Nanchang, an Antonov An-24 (Reg. B-3417) crashed on took off, due to No.2 engine failure, killing 34 of 40 on board.
- On October 26, 1993, China Eastern flight 5398 from Shenzhen to Fuzhou, a McDonnell-Douglas MD-82 (Reg. B-2103) jetliner crashed near Fuzhou airport, after a failed attempt to go around on approach, killing 2 of 80 on board.
- On September 10, 1998, [[wikipedia:China Eastern flight 586|]China Eastern flight 586] from Shanghai to Beijing, a McDonnell-Douglas MD-11 (Reg. B-2173) widebody jetliner crash landed at Hongqiao Airport due to nose gear failure, none injured.
- On November 21, 2004, China Eastern flight 5210 from Baotou to Shanghai, a Bombardier CRJ-200 (Reg. B-3072) small passenger jet crashed in Inner Mongolia in one minute after departure, killing all 53 occupants.
- London Office - China Eastern Airlines
- International China Eastern offices
- China Eastern Airlines Fleet Detail
- China Eastern Airlines Passenger Opinions