|Address:||16, boulevard des Italiens 75009 Paris, France|
|Subsidiaries:||Banque de Bretagne, CETELEM, CortalConsors, BNP Paribas Lease Group, Bank of the West, First Hawaiian Bank, see also BNP Paribas subsidiaries|
|Stock:||Euronext:BNP Paribas, TYO:BNP Paribas|
|Web:||wikicompany, google, yahoo|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, newsisfree, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, findarticles, del.icio.us, connotea|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed,|
|Products:||yahoo, kelkoo, froogle, google-base, amazon, ebay, become|
BNP Paribas is one of the main banks in Europe and France.
The bank is active in the finance, investment and asset management markets. In France, BNP Paribas is active in retail banking with 2200 offices.
BNP Paribas is the largest bank in the Eurozone by maket capitalization and profit. It employs about 87.000 people, of which 66.000 in Europe, and maintains a presence in 87 countries.
BNP Pariba's stock is part of the French CAC-40 stock index.
- Banque de Bretagne
- BNP Paribas Lease Group
- Bank of the West
- First Hawaiian Bank
BNP was created in 1966 by the merger of Banque Nationale du Commerce et de l'Industrie (BNCI) and Conservatoire Nationale d'Escompte de Paris (CNEP). BNP was privatised in 1993.
Originally the Compagnie Financière de Paris et des Pays-Bas (Finance Corporation of Paris and the Netherlands), the Compagnie Financière de Paribas became simply Paribas in 1998 after acquiring the Compagnie Bancaire.
In 1999 BNP and Société Générale fought a battle on the stock market over Paribas. Winning the fight, BNP merged with Paribas.
Until 2001, all Iraqi oil revenues from the Oil for Food program were held in an escrow account run solely by BNP Paribas. Later, the money was held by several unnamed international banks.
- SFL, BNP Paribas announce JV - Chennai Online
- Euroclear Takes Merrill Business From Paribas - Securities Industry News (subscription)
- BNP Paribas strengthens its private banking activity in the region - AME Info
- BNP Paribas to expand private banking in GCC - Khaleej Times
- BNP Paribas agrees to buy Ukraine's fourth largest bank - MarketWatch
- BNP Paribas to buy 51 pct of Ukraine bank UkrSibbank - Forbes
- UPDATE 3-MOVES-Copal Partners, Bear, BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs - Reuters
- Debiesse - Head Of BNP Paribas Private Bank - To Visit Dubai - The Open Press (press release)
- BNP Paribas strengthens its private banking activity in the region - Strategiy
- Debiesse - Head Of BNP Paribas Private Bank - To Visit Dubai - ClickPress (press release)