|Phone:||International: [callto:+44-1792-633-200 +44 (1792) 633 200], UK: (0870) 777 3131, Ireland: (1800) 654 193|
|Address:||1-7 College Street, Swansea SA1 5AF, Wales, United Kingdom|
Air Wales (Welsh: Awyr Cymru) is an airline based in Swansea, Wales. It is the national airline of Wales and operates scheduled regional services.
The airline currently employs over 120 personnel, including 45 flight deck staff, 20 engineers and 20 cabin crew.
- IATA Code: 6G
- ICAO Code: AWW
- Callsign: Red Dragon
Air Wales operates the following services (at March 2005):
- Aberdeen to Cardiff, Liverpool and Plymouth
- Cardiff to Aberdeen, Dublin, Liverpool, Newcastle, Norwich and Plymouth
- Cork to Plymouth
- Dublin to Cardiff, Norwich and Plymouth
- Liverpool to Aberdeen, Cardiff and Plymouth
- Newcastle to Cardiff and Plymouth
- Norwich to Cardiff and Dublin
- Plymouth to Aberdeen, Cardiff, Cork, Dublin, Liverpool and Newcastle
Air Wales also operates services for BmiBaby (as of March 2005):
- Cardiff to Belfast (International), Cork, Glasgow (Prestwick), Jersey and Paris (CDG)
- Durham Tees Valley to Cork (since April 2005)
The Air Wales fleet consists of 5 ATR 42-300 aircraft (at January 2005).
Air Wales was established in January 1997 with the assistance of Swansea property financier Roy Thomas and started operations in January 2000.
The company revives the name of an airline from the 1970s which was eventually integrated into AirUK.
Initially based at Pembrey Airport in West Wales and operating four aeroplanes, Air Wales has expanded dramatically.
During 2004 Air Wales gave up all routes out of Swansea to concentrate on routes out of Cardiff.
- Air Wales Passenger Opinions