Finding a geocode for an adress can be tricky, but the following tips should help:
- If the location is in the United States and Canada, try using geocoder.us
- Sometimes the street address fails to parse correctly, this can often be corrected by first doing a search on maps.google.com, which will recommend some candidates with a clearer address format.
- Then copy-and-paste this street/postal info into geocoder.us, to hopefully get a better result.
- If the location is outside the US, try using multimap.com
- Note: first enter the country/city, and then the street address or postal code
- tageo.com to find the geo-codes for cities around the world.
- Phoogle PHP based interface for geocoder.us