EVA Air is owned by the Evergreen Group, a large shipping company, and was launched in 1991. True to its name, aircraft are painted in a green livery. In the mid-90s, EVA Air expanded into domestic Taiwan market by acquiring shares of then-called Makung International Airlines (now Uni Air), followed by Great China Airlines and Taiwan Airways. On July 1, 1998, all 3 carriers merged under the Uni Air title. It also took-over EVA's domestic operations.
EVA is not part of an airline alliance. It has broad cooperative service arrangements with Air Canada, All Nippon Airways, American Airlines, America West Airlines, Continental Airlines, and Qantas, as well as joint-venture agreement with Air New Zealand. It also has Cargo agreements with British Airways and Lufthansa. Its main competitor is China Airlines.
EVA Air was the launch customer for Boeing's 777-200LR in June 2000. At the same time, the airline ordered four Boeing 777-300ERs. In January 2001, EVA Air ordered its first Airbus. In the summer of 2004, EVA Air converted its remaining 8 options of 777-300ER into firm orders. The first 777-300ER is scheduled to enter service in July 2005. The airline is rumoured to be the launch customer of the 777 Freighter, the cargo version of the 777-200LR.
EVA Air is ranked as one of the world’s 10 safest carriers by Aero International Magazine in Germany.
- Korea, South
- United Kingdom
- Anchorage (Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport)
- Honolulu (Honolulu International Airport) - Beginning June 25th, 2005
- Los Angeles, (Los Angeles International Airport)
- Newark (Newark Liberty International Airport)
- San Francisco (San Francisco International Airport)
- Seattle (Seattle-Tacoma International Airport)
- New Zealand
- The Eva Air fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of April 2005):
- Aircraft on order:
- 3 Boeing 777-200LR (for del.2008-2009)
- 12 Boeing 777-300ER (for del.2005-2009)
- 4 Airbus A330-200 (for del. 2005-2006)
EVA Air has code-share agreements with the following carriers:
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Air Nippon, Subsidiary of ANA
- American Airlines
- America West Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- Eva Air
- Eva Air Fleet Detail
- Eva Air Passenger Opinions
[[Category:]] [[Category:]] [[Category:]]