EFG Eurobank Ergasias
|EFG Eurobank Ergasias SA Bank|
|Address:||8 Othonos Street, 10557 Athens, Greece|
|Competitors:||National Bank of Greece, Piraeus Bank, Cretabank|
EFG Eurobank Ergasias SA Bank is the third largest bank in Greece with more than 300 branches throughout the country and leading market shares in high growth segments.
- In 1990 Establishment of "Euromerchant Bank S.A."
- In 1994 Acquisition of 75% of EFG Private Bank (Luxembourg) S.A.
- In 1996 Acquisition of Interbank Greece S.A.
- In 1997 Eurobank – Interbank merger. Acquisition of the branch network of Credit Lyonnais Grece S.A. "Euromerchant Bank" is renamed to "EFG Eurobank S.A.".
- In 1998 Acquisition of 99.8% of Cretabank.
- In 1999 EFG Eurobank – Bank of Athens merger through share exchange. IPO of EFG Eurobank shares. EFG Eurobank – Cretabank merger. Acquisition of 50.1% in Ergobank following a public offering
- In 2000 EFG Eurobank – Ergobank merger. New entity is renamed to "EFG Eurobank Ergasias S.A.". Acquisition of a 19.25% participation in Banc Post S.A. Romania.
- In 2002 EFG Eurobank Ergasias – Telesis Investment Bank merger. Acquisition of 50% in Alico / CEH Balkan Holdings leading to a 43% participation in Post Bank Bulgaria.
- In 2003 Merger through absorption of Ergoinvest S.A.. Merger by absorption of "Investment Development Fund S.A.". Establishment of Euroline Retail Services (Romania) - 80% Eurobank Cards and 19.961% Banc Post. Establishment of Eurocredit Retail Services (Cyprus) - 100% subisdiary of Eurobank Cards.
- In 2004 Establishment of Euroline Retail Services AD (Serbia) - 100% subsidiary of Eurobank Cards