London Stock Exchange
|London Stock Exchange|
|Web:||wikicompany, google, yahoo|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, newsisfree, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, findarticles, del.icio.us, connotea|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed,|
|Products:||yahoo, kelkoo, froogle, google-base, amazon, ebay, become|
The London Stock Exchange (abbreviated LSE) is a stock exchange market located in London. Founded in 1801, it is one of the largest stock exchanges in the world, with many overseas listings as well as UK companies.
The former Stock Exchange Tower, based in Threadneedle Street/Old Broad Street was opened by Queen Elizabeth II in 1972 and housed the Trading Floor where traders would traditionally meet to conduct business. This became largely redundant with the advent of the "Big Bang" on 27 October 1986, which deregulated many of the Stock Exchange's activities. It eliminated fixed commissions on security trades and allowed securities firms to act as brokers and dealers. It also enabled an increased use of computerised systems that allowed dealing rooms to take precedence over face to face trading.
In July 2004 the London Stock Exchange moved from Threadneedle Street to Paternoster Square (EC4) close to St Paul's Cathedral, still within the "Square Mile" (the City of London). It was officially opened by Queen Elizabeth II once again, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, on 27 July 2004. The new building contains a specially commissioned dynamic sculpture called "The Source", by artists Greyworld.
The FTSE actuaries series of indices tracks the performance of the London market.
- Listed companies 2,749 ()
- London Stock Exchange
- Greyworld (commissioned artists)
- Euronext and Deutsche Boerse head to head in bidding over LSEde:London Stock Exchange
- PokerStars to Investigate Sale or Float Options - PokerNews.com
- UK Stocks Climb, Led by BP, Royal Dutch Shell; Vodafone Gains - Bloomberg
- UK : JJB lowers full-year profit guidance as sales slide - Fibre2fashion.com
- Nagarjuna board approves allotment of shares under GDR green shoe ... - domain-B
- European stock markets finish higher - BusinessWeek
- NZX share-price drop reflects shrinking market - New Zealand Herald
- Macquarie Bids 1.5 Billion Pounds to Buy London Stock Exchange - Bloomberg
- Macquarie fires opening shot in bid for London Stock Exchange - Independent
- London Stock Exchange rejects 'derisory' bid - Ireland Online
- London Stock Exchange rejects Macquarie's 'derisory proposal' - Forbes
[[Category:]] [[Category:]] [[Category:]]