|ICICI Bank Limited|
|Address:||ICICI Bank Phone Banking Centre, P. O. Box No. 20, Banjara Hills P. O., Hyderabad 500 034, India|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed,|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
ICICI Bank Limited is India's largest private bank and the second largest bank in the country.
ICICI Bank has total assets of about Rs.125,229 crore, a network of over 550 branches, and offices and about 1800 ATMs.
ICICI Bank offers a wide range of banking products and financial services to corporate and retail customers through a variety of delivery channels and through its specialised subsidiaries and affiliates in the areas of investment banking, life and non-life insurance, venture capital and asset management. ICICI Bank's equity shares are listed in India on stock exchanges at Kolkata and Vadodara, the Stock Exchange, Mumbai and the National Stock Exchange of India Limited and its American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
- The World Bank, the Government of India and representatives of Indian industry form ICICI Limited as a development finance institution to provide medium-term and long-term project financing to Indian businesses in 1955.
- 1994 ICICI establishes ICICI Bank as a subsidiary.
- 1999 ICICI becomes the first Indian company and the first bank or financial institution from non-Japan Asia to list on the NYSE.
- 2001 ICICI acquired Bank of Madurai (est. 1943) in a rescue mandated by RBI. Bank of Madurai was a Chettiar bank, and had acquired Chettinad Mercantile Bank (est. 1933) and Illanji Bank (est. 1904) in the 1960s.
- The Boards of Directors of ICICI and ICICI Bank approve the merger of ICICI, ICICI Personal Financial Services Limited and ICICI Capital Services Limited, with ICICI Bank. After receiving all necessary regulatory approvals, ICICI integrates the group's financing and banking operations, both wholesale and retail, into a single entity.
- ICICI establishes representative offices in NY and London.
- 2003 ICICI opens subsidiaries in Canada and the UK, and in the UK it establishes alliance with Lloyds Bank TSB. It also opens an Offshore Banking Unit (OBU) in Singapore and representative offices in Dubai and Shanghai.
ICICI is planning on opening offices in Bangladesh to tap the extensive trade between that country and India, Sri Lanka, and South Africa. It has received Reserve Bank of India approval for the Bangladesh and South African offices, and for a subsidiary in Russia.
- ICICI Bank aims to boost int'l revs - Hindustan Times
- India's ICICI Bank Plans Expansion Of Intl Network - Yahoo! News
- Intel, ICICI Bank tie up to finance SME tech needs - Business Standard
- Indian ADRs: VSNL, Tata Motors & ICICI Bank down - Moneycontrol.com
- FIIs active in SBI, PNB, ICICI Bank - Business Standard
- ICICI Bank to hold 19% in Grameen US venture - Rediff
- Indian ADRs: ICICI Bank, Tata Motors & Satyam down - Moneycontrol.com
- ICICI Bank to jack up PLR afresh - Business Standard
- ICICI Bank hikes auto loan rates - Rediff
- ICICI Bank hikes auto loan, deposit rates - Sify
- ... more news
of type: services (+)
founding year: 1,955 (+)
number of employees: 13,609 (+)