|Links:||translate, alexa, trends|
|News:||google, yahoo, indymedia|
|Blogs:||google, technorati, feedster|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, flickr, ditto, stockphoto, wikimedia|
|Audio:||odeo, podscope, podzinger|
|Video:||google, yahoo, youtube|
Dollarama is a franchise retail chain of over 300 dollar stores across Canada.
The company is one of Canada's largest operators of dollar stores. Virtually all the Dollarama stores are located where there once were BiWay stores...a no-longer-extant chain of Canadian discount retail operations intended to compete with retailers such as K-Mart and Wal-Mart, which closed after a series of dubious financial transactions involving a new owner of the parent operation.
Lawrence Rossy was the head of the parent company of Dolllarama, S. Rossy Group. He founded the privately held chain in 1992 and created a profitable business that became successful due to the increase in the popularity of extreme value stores.
In November, 2004 the chain was sold for $850 million USD, to a private equity fund, Bain Capital.
- The malaise of Jackson Square - Hamilton Spectator
- The gayest show in town - Xtra.ca
- SIMPLY THE BEST (CONTINUED) - VUE Weekly
- Mother needs helper - Now Toronto
- Michaels Stores Announces Recapitalization Agreement With Bain ... - Yahoo! News (press release)
- Westfield REIT announces acquisition of $18.0 million Calgary ... - Canada NewsWire (press release)
- Screenshots 2: Interviews, profiles, and so on ...
- Screenshots: Reviews, Interviews and Otherwise, Circa 1989-92 ...
- Rhymes with Australia
- Life's Just a Cocktail Party on the Street
- Dollarama Wierdness
- Dollarama Dramarama
- Effin' A ... DFA
- Album of the Week
- today I went in there and bought coasters, a bread knife, tuna ...
- ... more blog news