ZF Sachs Fahrzeug- und Motorentechnik GmbH
|Phone:||+49-4231-400, +49 (0)911|
|Fax:||+49 (0)911 / 4231-332|
|Address:||Ernst-Sachs-Str. 6, D-90441 Nürnberg, Germany|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, flickr, yotophoto, wikimedia|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, youtube|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
ZF Sachs Fahrzeug- und Motorentechnik GmbH is a German manufacturer of motorcycles, mopeds, power-assited bicycles and ATVs.
In 2003, ZF Sachs had 16,511 employees in 19 countries, and a sales volume of about 2,1 million €.
- 1895 - the Schweinfurter Präcisions-Kugellagerwerke Fichtel & Sachs oHG was founded in Schweinfurt by the inventor Ernst Sachs and the investor Karl Fichtel. At the beginning it produced ball bearings and bicycle hub.
- 1911 - the year Fichtel died - the company had approximately 7,000 employees.
- 1923 - the oHG was changed to a stock corporation, the ball bearing division was sold to the Swedish concern SKF with the condition that the production had to stay forever in Schweinfurt.
- 1929 F&S starts production of components for cars, mainly couplings and shock absorbers.
- From 1929 until 1996 F&S also produced motors, first for bicycles, later also for motorbikes and even for very small cars, e.g. Messerschmitt Kabinenroller.
- Ernst Sachs died in 1932, in 1936 his son Willy Sachs donatad the sport arena Willy-Sachs-Stadion to Schweinfurt. This present is still contentious because of Willy Sachs's membership of Nazi party.
- 1987 - the German Mannesmann AG got the majority of F&S stocks.
- 1997 - F&S was renamed to Mannesmann Sachs AG.
- Sachs was sold to ZF Friedrichshafen AG and renamed to ZF Sachs AG.
- The bycicle division was sold to the US based company SRAM, so the Sachs group of ZF now concentrates on the production of car components for drive and chassis.
- ZF scores with Holland - Fleet Owner (subscription)
- Alex Job Racing qualifies fourth in GT2 at Sebring - WhoWon.com
- Sebring: Porsche LMP2 preview - Motorsport.com
- Round 1 of the Wright Patton Shakespeare Carrera Cup Australia - Auto Racing Daily
- new car review ontario
- camera comparison digital review information
- curb stops
- Racing: Two Penske Porsche RS Spyders @ Sebring S...
- Truck Wheels - Train cars derail: Hundreds evacuated in early morning hours, but nobody injured
- Alex Job Racing a 7th Sebring victory?
- Alex Job Racing Qualifies 4th in GT2 at Sebring
- Carrera Cup Australia Round 1 Preview
- Penske Porsche RS Spyders ready for ALMS
- Penske Porsche RS Spyder Nº6 - 7 specs
Relations to other articles — Click (+) to find similar articles.
ZF Sachs has parent ZF Friedrichshafen (+)
ZF Sachs company (+)
ZF Sachs in sector (+), (+), and (+)
ZF Sachs in region (+), (+), and (+)
Attributes of ZF Sachs — Click (+) to find similar articles.
of type: manufacturing (+)
founding year: 1,895 (+)
number of employees: 16,511 (+)