Wikipedia article import and updates
- Cleanup and rewrite the recently introduced company articles from Wikipedia
- See also this mailinglist message
- Add a "opentimes" or "open" field to the companybox-template service section (search-replace in all the DB).
- Also replace the few instances where "hours" was used.
- Make the Google map extension window resizable. See: leapbeyond.com
- Change the geo code extension syntax from:
- 51.4977;-0.1423_type:bank, to:
- Tweak CSS style: create rounded tabs
- top-10 CSS sites
- png example
- monobook hack
- Improve (and experiment with) the Wikicompany logo (nice tools: Inkscape, Blender, The Gimp)
- Create user-preference option to not show remote images via the "imager" extension.
- Create user-preference option for alternative default "width" and "height" for use in the Google map extension.
- Put the comment section field of the Wikicompany:Imager extension through the wiki-text parser.
- Ponder the sector category labelling for: manufacturers for X, retailers for X, brokers for X, etc.
- Insert missing links to the stock exchange pages for mainly:
- Irish stock exchange
- London stock exchange
- Also: move companies listed in OMX to their city specific stock exchange category.
- Non-english site creations (category structure synchronization)
- Evilbot detection, blocking and damage reversal methods.
- Setup spamassassin for the wikicompany mailinglist.
- Logo image management issues:
- Should the logo image link to the company's website, instead of the image-source?
- Try using an automated image-upload tool: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:File_upload_service/Script
- Split "Template:blog" for the regionbox template, to use feedmap
- Nearly all of the Wikipedia company articles have been imported in, and updated for, Wikicompany.
- The user-feedback about Wikicompany is overall positive.
- There is a small, but growing community of editors and readers.
- The look-and-feel (html/css/search/...) of Wikicompany is nice and consistent.
- The search functionality is beginning to suck less than it did before.
- The first few official jobs offers are placed on Wikicompany.
- The policy documentation is evolving through consensus, but remains simple and fair.
- Some WikiSysops are appointed to help with vandalism-blocking and deletion requests.
- We start adding company profiles for smaller companies, which aren't of encyclopedic interest.
- We start with the first inter-wiki sites.
- Fix Wikicompany:Bugs
- Check Wikicompany:Ideas