Wikicompany is a community built, free-content, worldwide, business directory, licensed under the GNU FDL v1.2 license.
To learn how to edit pages on Wikicompany, please start by reading the editing introduction.
To read about the differences between Wikicompany and Wikipedia read Wikicompany v Wikipedia.
The vision of Wikicompany is to create an up-to-date, global, multi-lingual, business information service for:
- Company profiles
- Company points of presence
- Service-points or stores of a company in a region. See: Presences.
- Business news
- See Wikicompany Planets for broader news topics (by sector and region), or the company profile for company specific specific news.
- Product and service seekers
- Market researchers looking for company background information (investors, competitors)
- Marketeers (market strategies, product/service branding, logo design)
- Students career orientation (or people looking for a career switch)
- Event visitors for specific regions/sectors
- Travellers (business trip region info, backpackers looking for temporary work)
- Company employees
- Company customers
- Company founders/owners
- Promotional organizations which help promote certain sectors, branches, and regions.
- Other people who like to help creating free business content to help others
- Wikicompany:Commercial ideas
- Wikicompany:Wikicompany v Wikipedia
- Wiki Design Principles
- The free encyclopedia (by Richard Stallman)
- Why Wikipedia started working (by Larry Sanger)