|Phone:||+33 (212) 922-3030|
|Fax:||+33 (212) 922-3074|
|Address:||2, Place de la Coupole, La Defense Courbevoie, 92400 Paris, France|
|Subsidiaries:||Total Fina, Atofina|
|Competitors:||Shell, BP, ExxonMobil|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed, Total|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
Total SA is a French oil company, and one of the top four oil companies in the world. The other 3 competitors are: Shell, BP, and ExxonMobil.
The chemical part of Total S.A. is Atofina S.A. covering base chemicals, polymers as well as specialties like rubber products, resins or adhesives.
The company employs about 110.000 people, and operates in more than 130 countries.
In ??, Total won UN Oil for Food-contracts with the Iraqi regime to develop the Majnoon and Nahr Umar oil fields in southern Iraq, consisting of 25% of Iraq's oil reserves.
Total merged with the Belgian Petrofina, and after Total's takeover of Petrofina in 1999, it became known as Total Fina.
In 2000, Total also acquired the French Elf Aquitaine. The merged company was first named TotalFinaElf, but later it was renamed back to Total in 2003.
In 2003, the headquarters of Total were free-climbed in February 2003 by "Spiderman" Alain Robert, in protest of the American-led invasion of Iraq.
- Total appoints Bénézit president of refining, marketing - Oil & Gas Journal
- Petrobras to Explore for Oil, Gas in Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt - Bloomberg
- CMAI Outlines Arkema's Strategic Business Position - PR Newswire (press release)
- European Stocks Rise, Led by BP, Total; HSBC, Santander Slide - Bloomberg
- Total says Michel Benezit to head refining and marketing division - MarketWatch
- European Energy Stocks May Rise; Adecco and BT Group Might Gain - Bloomberg
- European Energy Stocks May Drop With Oil; EDF, Suez May Gain - Bloomberg
- Top bids in for Saudi refineries - AME Info
- European Stocks May Drop; ASML, STMicroelectronics Might Slide - Bloomberg
- European Stocks Decline; STMicroelectronics, BHP Billiton Slide - Bloomberg
- ... more news