|Tandberg Data ASA|
|Phone:||+47 2218 9090|
|Fax:||+47 2218 9550|
|Address:||Kjelsåsveien 161, PO Box 134 Kjelsås, 0411 Oslo, Norway|
|Affiliates:||Tandberg Storage (19.9%)|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed,|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
Tandberg Data is a manufacturer of data storage products, especially tape streamers.
Tandberg Data was founded in 1979 as a separate company when the Tandberg Radio Factory was dissolved into separate entities. At this same time, several other organizations carrying the Tandberg name were established, each pursuing different business opportunities.
In the 1980s the company introduced several data storage products based on the QIC ("Quarter Inch Cartridge") standard. The products ranged from 20MB capacity in 1980 to 1GB capacity in 1989.
During this same period the company also developed a product range in the area of computer terminals (eg. the TDV 2200 terminal). However, tape data storage products contributed the greatest portion of earnings by 1987.
In the 1990s the company included LCD video projectors into their product range. This diversification ended in 1996 when Tandberg Data shifted to 100% focus on information storage products.
In October 2003 Tandberg Data demerged, splitting out its core tape development group into a separate public listed company called Tandberg Storage ASA. As part of this demerger, O-Mass AS has become a subsidiary of Tandberg Storage. Tandberg Data holds a 19.9% equity stake in Tandberg Storage.
- Tandberg Data continues to expand its position as manufacturer of ... - news aktuell (Pressemitteilung)
- Tandberg Data LTO Tape Drives - Enterprise IT Planet
- Tandberg Data Q4 opg loss widens, CFO resigns - Forbes
- Tandberg Data Signs NetStor Technology as Rep Firm for Tape Drive ... - Business Wire (press release)
- Tandberg Data Appoints New Chief Financial Officer - IT Backbones (press release)
- Tandberg offers LTO drives - Reseller News
- Tandberg Data Extends LTO Tape Backup into Entry-Level Storage ... - Business Wire (press release)
- Tandberg Data extends LTO Tape Backup Into Entry-Level Storage ... - IT Backbones (press release)
- Briefly: Mattman Specialty, Tandberg Data, Invitrogen - San Diego Daily Transcript (subscription)
- REGIONAL BRIEFS - Computerworld Malaysia
- ... more news