|Address:||N-4035 Stavanger, Norway|
|Parents:||Norwegian state (?%)|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed, Statoil|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
Statoil Template:Ose (NYSE: STL) is a Norwegian oil and gas production company.
Statoil, Norway's largest company, is one of the largest net sellers of crude oil in the world, and a major supplier of natural gas to the European continent.
The company also operates around 2000 service stations in 9 countries.
The company has petrol service stations in: the Scandinavian countries, Ireland, Poland, the Baltic states and Russia.
While Statoil is listed on both the Oslo Stock Exchange and the NYSE, the Norwegian state still holds majority ownership.
The name Statoil is a truncated form of the "State's oil".
The company's CEO from mid-2004 onwards is Helge Lund, formerly CEO of Aker Kvaerner.
The company was established in 1972.
- Statoil strengthens position in Norwegian Sea - Oil & Gas Journal
- Statoil and Shell plot first mass carbon capture project - Energy Business Review
- Statoil, Shell to launch plans on joint industry project - MarketWatch
- Statoil, Shell to unveil plans for joint industrial project ... - Forbes
- Oslo shares close higher, led by Norske Skog, oil stocks UPDATE - Forbes
- Statoil traces Visund leak - Oil & Gas Journal
- Statoil confirms cause of platform gas leak - Oil & Gas Journal
- Oslo shares close lower, led by Statoil, Norsk Hydro, DNO UPDATE - Forbes
- Oslo shares close higher, led by Norsk Hydro, Statoil; Aker ... - Forbes
- Oslo shares close lower led by Norsk Hydro, Statoil, other oil ... - Forbes
- ... more news
Relations to other articles — Click (+) to find similar articles.
Statoil has subsidiary Eesti Statoil (+)
Statoil has competitor Shell (+)
Statoil company (+)
Statoil stock at (+), and (+)
Statoil in sector (+), and (+)
Statoil in region (+), (+), and (+)
Attributes of Statoil — Click (+) to find similar articles.
of type: mining (+)
founding year: 1,972 (+)
number of employees: 25,000 (+)