|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed,|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) is an aerospace manufacturer formed in 1995 by the merger of Lockheed Corporation with Martin Marietta. It is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland and employs 130,000 people worldwide. Robert J. Stevens is the CEO.
Lockheed Martin is the largest defense contractor in the world. As of 2003, nearly 80% of Lockheed Martin's customer base is with the U.S. Department of Defense and other U.S. federal government agencies.
Shortly after the creation of the company Lockheed Martin acquired the majority of Loral Corporation's defense electronics and system integration businesses for $9.1 billion. The remainder of Loral became Loral Space & Communications.
In 1998 Lockheed Martin abandoned plans to merge with Northrop Grumman due to government fears of the potential strength of the new group (Lockheed/Northrop would have had control of 25% of the DoD's procurement budget).
In 2000 Lockheed agreed to pay a $13m settlement to the US government for breaching the arms export control act. The company passed information to AsiaSat, a major shareholder of which is the Chinese government.
Lockheed Martin won the contract to build the Joint Strike Fighter in 2001 with its X-35 design. This is the most important fighter aircraft procurement project since the F-16, with an initial order of 3,000 worth $200bn before export orders.
In 2003 Lockheed Martin benefitted from a USAF decision to punish Boeing for conducting industrial espionage against its rival. The USAF revoked $1bn worth of contracts from Boeing and awarded them to Lockheed Martin. The company sued Boeing in 1998 for stealing documents related to a military contract.
Lockheed Martin was formed by a "merger of equals". Below are examples of the products each company contributed to the current portfolio:
- Trident missile
- F-16 Fighting Falcon (production line purchased from General Dynamics in 1993)
- C-130 Hercules
- DSCS-3 satellite
- Martin Marietta
- Titan rockets
- Sandia National Laboratories (management contract acquired in 1993)
- Martin Marietta 3000
- Martin Marietta 4000
- Martin Marietta 8000
- Tiros-N meteorological satellites
- Lockheed Martin Canada
- Lockheed Martin Maritime Systems & Sensors
- Lockheed Martin Missiles & Fire Control
- Lockheed Martin Simulation, Training & Support
- Lockheed Martin Systems Integration - Owego
- Lockheed Martin Transportation & Security Solutions
- Sandia Corporation
- Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory
- Lockheed Martin Aircraft & Logistics Centers
- Lockheed Martin Information Technology
- Lockheed Martin Space Operations
- Lockheed Martin Systems Management
- Lockheed Martin Technical Operations
- Lockheed Martin Technology Ventures
Integrated Systems & Solutions
- LMC Properties
- Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
- Lockheed Martin Finance Corporation
- Lockheed Martin U.K.
- Lockheed Martin Aircraft Argentina SA (formerly Fabrica Militar de Aviones)
- ILS (with Khrunichev, RSC Energia)
- Lockheed Martin Alenia Tactical Transport Systems (with Finmeccanica-Alenia)
- Space Imaging (46%, remainder public)
- United Launch Alliance (with Boeing)
- United Space Alliance (with Boeing)
- Corporate website
- Article on Lockheed Martin from the Center for Media and Democracy
Template:Airlistboxde:Lockheed Martin id:Lockheed Martin ja:ロッキード・マーティン pl:Lockheed Martin sv:Lockheed Martin
- Lockheed Martin Leads The Way For FBI Sentinel Project - InformationWeek
- Caci, Lockheed Martin get Army contracts - BusinessWeek
- UK and Australia threaten to pull out of Lockheed Martin JSF over ... - Flight International
- Lockheed Martin Corp. Has Broken Out To A New High - Trading Markets
- Lockheed Martin Receives Funding for Final Year of Sea Shadow ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Lockheed Martin Reports Close Match Between APKWS II Simulations ... - Finanzen.net
- Concurrent Honored with Prestigious Lockheed Martin STAR Supplier ... - TMCnet
- Lockheed Martin Reports Close Correlation Between APKWS II ... - Trading Markets
- Lockheed Martin's Undersea Systems and M & M Technical Services ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Lockheed Martin Wins US Army's Strategic Services Sourcing IDIQ ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- ... more news
- medlemmer Gamertag: The Ghost 1 spill:Filip X Spil...
- Dubai Port deal makes way for American Military programs?
- news des usa
- nouvelles des u.s.a.
- news des u.s.a.
- Contracts for February 28, 2006
- Lockheed Martin wins defence contract
- FBI: No Civil Rights Charges In Emmett Till Slaying
- Lockheed wins $383.5 mln deal for work on F-22 (Re...
- Playing the Muslim Card: The U.A.E., the Taliban and the Democrats (Part 1)
- Lockheed Martin UK
- Atlantic Airlines
- Lockheed Martin Aircraft Argentina SA
- American Airlines
- British Aerospace
- Lockheed Corporation
- General Dynamics
- Skunk works
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Fortune 500
- Hughes Aircraft
- Loral Corporation
- Ford Aerospace
- Martin Marietta
[[Category:]] [[Category:]] [[Category:]]