|Partners:||Schiphol, SkyTeam Alliance|
KLM (in full: Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij, literally Royal Aviation Company; usual English: Royal Dutch Airlines) is an airline from the Netherlands.
KLM is the Netherlands' main air carrier and operates from Schiphol Airport, near Amsterdam. The KLM Group and its partners serve more than 400 cities in 85 countries on all six continents.
In September 2003, KLM was taken over by Air France. Its independent identity is guaranteed for the coming five years. KLM is listed on the stock exchanges of Amsterdam, New York and Paris.
KLM Group has four core activities:
- Passenger transport - KLM Passenger Business unit
- Cargo transport - KLM Cargo Business unit
- Airframe, engine and component maintenance - KLM Engineering & Maintenance Business unit
- Operation of charters and low fare scheduled services - KLM Charter/Low Cost Business
- KLM Cityhopper
- KLM Cargo
- KLM Exel
- KLM has an 80% share in Transavia Airlines.
- KLM has a 50% share in Martinair.
- KLM has a 26% share in Kenya Airways.