|Phone:||+47 62 81 01 00|
|Fax:||+47 62 81 01 10|
|Address:||P. O. Box 1250, Arkoveien 14, 2206 Kongsvinger, Norway|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed,|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
Ibas AS is a Norwegian company in the market of data recovery, data erasure, and computer forensics.
The company name is an acronym of its former name: "Instrumentbyrået AS" ("The Instrument Bureau Ltd").
The company is mostly known for performing difficult data recovery and computer forensics services at its on-site laboratories, using its in-house customized hardware and software tools, but also develops and sells software allowing customers to securely erase data at their own locations.
Ibas has subsidiaries in Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Poland, and Singapore, with a total of roughly 90 employees combined (not counting Vogon—see below).
The company was founded in 1978.
In the spring of 2005, Ibas announced that it was acquiring privately-owned British competitor Vogon International Ltd (founded in 1985), which was planned to continue as a separate company until January 2006 when it would be integrated into Ibas.
At the time of the acquisition, Vogon International had roughly 80 employees spread over its five locations: Oxfordshire, England (headquarters); Munich and Cologne, Germany; Oslo, Norway; and Oklahoma, USA (the non-UK offices being wholly-owned subsidiaries).
- iBasis Names International Mobile Telecom Veteran to Increase ... - VoIP Magazine (press release)
- Kroll Ontrack bolsters data recovery and forensics with £25m Ibas ... - Legal IT
- Former Tulsa TV reporter to emcee Ibas - Tulsa World (subscription)
- Botswana birds documented - Republic of Botswana
- The Punter: Bookies to face major changes - Belfast Telegraph
- Kroll Ontrack Completes Acquisition of Norway's Ibas Holdings ... - Business Wire (press release)
- Kroll Ontrack Completes Acquisition Of Ibas Holdings - The IT Shield (press release)
- ED: PaddyPower cancel winning 'special' offer - KopTalk
- To Renew NASDAQ Listing Bid, iBasis Will Seek Shareholder Approval ... - Black Enterprise
- Raytheon lands a $122M TOW contract - Tucson Citizen
- ... more news