|Phone:||+33 1 53 70 19 00|
|Fax:||+33 1 53 70 86 16|
|Address:||6, avenue Raymond Poincaré, 75016 Paris, France|
|Competitors:||Tesco, Ahold, Lidl, Aldi, Wal-mart|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed,|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
Carrefour SA (Euronext: Carrefour) is an international supermarket group Headquartered in France, with a global network of supermarkets.
Carrefour is the second largest retail group in the world in terms of revenue after Wal-mart . Carrefour operates mainly in the European Union, Brazil and Romania, but also has shops in North Africa and Asia.
The group was created by Marcel Fournier and Louis Defforey and grew into a network from this first sale's point.
The first Carrefour store is located in Annecy, near a crossroads (carrefour in French). This is the smallest Carrefour store in the world.
In 1999 the company merged with Promodès.
The Carrefour group pioneered the concept of a hypermarket: a large supermarket combined with a department store. They opened the first hypermarket in 1962 in Sainte-Geneviève-des-Bois, near Paris in France.
In April 1976 Carrefour stripped around fifty basic food products (oil, biscuits, milk, pastes...) of any brand and sold them at bottom price. These Produits libres (Free Products) caused a sensation. At the time this marketing strategy was considered by some as being anti-capitalist. Jean Mothes, one of the executives of Perrier, wrote in "Investir" that Carrefour made much more to accelerate the swap to a socialist-led government than Edmond Maire, Georges Marchais, François Mitterrand and Georges Séguy joined together.
- Fitch cuts Carrefour on aggressive growth plans - Reuters
- Carrefour to build stores and cut prices - International Herald Tribune
- Carrefour Sees Brighter 2006 - International News Service
- Carrefour "hold," target price raised - newratings.com
- KOREA: SHINSEGAE EYES CARREFOUR´S STORES - Namnews
- Europe: Positive conditions support a rebound - International Herald Tribune
- FRANCE: CARREFOUR SEES GROWTH AFTER POOR 2005 - Namnews
- Major European Markets Advance; Royal & Sun, Carrefour Surge ... - Trading Markets
- Carrefour Growth Outlook In-Line -Cheuvreux - newratings.com
- Carrefour A1 long-term rating on review for possible downgrade ... - Forbes
- ... more news
Relations to other articles — Click (+) to find similar articles.
Carrefour has competitor Tesco (+), Ahold (+), Lidl (+), Aldi (+), and Wal-mart (+)
Carrefour company (+)
Carrefour stock at (+)
Carrefour in sector (+)
Carrefour in region (+), (+), (+), (+), and (+)
Attributes of Carrefour — Click (+) to find similar articles.
of type: retail (+)
number of employees: Value could not be parsed: "420.000" is no integer. (+)