|Subsidiaries:||Stilte Bertone, Bertone Engineering, Carrozzeria Bertone, Socar-ICS|
Bertone is an Italian car styling and coachbuilding house, which also manufactures cars.
Bertone styling is very distinctive, with most cars having a strong "family resemblance" even if badged by different manufacturers. Bertone has styled cars for Ferrari, Fiat, Citroën, Lancia, Lamborghini and Volvo among others.
The company employs 2,355 people.
- Stilte Bertone - Design studies, feasibility engineering, model and prototype building.
- Bertone Engineering - Product and process engineering.
- Carrozzeria Bertone - Workshops and prototype construction.
- Socar-ICS Production of special-purpose windscreens. This company is a partner of several large European car manufacturers.
Bertone was founded in November 1912, when Giovanni Bertone, then aged 28, opened a workshop specialising in the construction and repair of horse-drawn carriages.
Cars styled by Bertone
- 1962 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
- 1974 Ferrari 208/308 GT4
- Fiat Ritmo/Strada
- Fiat X1/9 (also badged as a Bertone and built on Bertone's own line)
- General Motors Astra early 90s cabriolet model
- Lancia Monte Carlo
- Lancia Stratos
- Lamborghini Countach
- Lamborghini Diablo
- Lamborghini Urraco
- Citroën BX