|Address:||Eckenbergstrasse 16, Postfach 13 01 110, 45307 Essen, Germany|
|Competitors:||Lidl, SPAR, Carrefour, Tesco, Ahold|
|News:||google, yahoo, y-finance, indymedia|
|Articles:||google, del.icio.us, digg|
|Photos:||google, yahoo, yotophoto, wikimedia, flickr|
|Audio:||feedster, potkast, podscope, podzinger, yahoo, altavista|
|Video:||google, yahoo, truveo, youtube, blinkx|
|Jobs:||wikicompany, monster, indeed,|
|Products:||froogle, google-base, yahoo, become, amazon, ebay|
Aldi is a discount supermarket chain of German origin (actually two chains but commonly referred to as one). Worldwide Aldi operates about 7,000 stores, of which more than 40% in Germany.
The brand name "Aldi" is an acronym derived of "Albrecht" and "discount". Historically, Aldi is said to have been the first real discount supermarket chain to get established in Germany. Aldi (i.e. both Aldi chains) could best be described as "absolutely no frills supermarkets" (see below).
Aldi is largest supermarket chain in Germany, followed by the Lidl supermarket chain. Recently the Lidl chain has grown faster than Aldi.
- Aldi owns the Trader Joe's specialty foods chain %%head%%Store ... - Syracuse Post Standard
- Architects take Aldi into 3D - ic Teesside.co.uk
- Boss's pounds stretch to £1m - Guardian Unlimited
- Somerfield: all change after Kwik sale - Food Business Review
- Workers fear for future as stores go up for sale - Rochdale Observer
- Aldi Hofer offer €999 Centrino duo notebooks - Inquirer
- Somerfield cuts losses with sale of Kwik Save - Scotsman
- INQUIRY TO BE HELD INTO NEW BROCH SUPERSTORE - This is North Scotland
- Tesco and P&G are Voted Supply Chain's "Best in Class" - Retail Bulletin
- ALDI SUPERMARKETS - March opening date set - Ballarat Courier
- ... more news
Relations to other articles — Click (+) to find similar articles.
Aldi has competitor Lidl (+), SPAR (+), Carrefour (+), Tesco (+), and Ahold (+)
Aldi company (+)
Aldi in sector (+)
Aldi in region (+), (+), (+), and (+)
Attributes of Aldi — Click (+) to find similar articles.
founding year: 1,946 (+)